Saturday 26 May 2012

Vous avez casse mon coeur, je vais vous faire une autre




You broke my heart, I will make another
(Vous avez casse mon coeur, je vais vous faire une autre)

This is the begining of an idea I have had in mind for a long time. I suppose the heart has always been at the very 'heart' of all of my work (no pun intended) wether the heart actually appears in my work or is merely making its prescence felt throughout the theme, it is always there.

Many times in my life i have felt broken and chosen to express this through my 'HE' art. Sometimes I've felt like i have physically pulled out my heart and fed it to the people I've cared for on a silver platter, so I thought, why not actually do that?

The heart isn't finished yet, this is just a sneak peak of the process, latex is a lovely thing to work with but very time consuming when you are undertaking something this big as you have to apply each layer and then dry and repeat the process. The colour will be much darker than it is on the photos as it does dry quite dark, This I have found is an art in itself, as you have to be careful not to mix your colours too dark as when the latex mix dries it will darken by at least five shades darker.

I don't want to say too much more about this at the moment as I plan to use this for a piece of performance art, and I don't want to spoil it.
I just thought  it would be nice to share the prosthetics process with you.

Also I assure you that the veins wont look like this when it's finished, they will be dark and realistic, I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment