Thursday 10 May 2012

Bitter sweet anti cross stitch



This is the finished Anti cross stitch I created for our magazine. I named this anti cross stitch as although it appears to be a conventional stitch, presented in a traditional aesthetically pleasing manner, inside the envelope lies something completely different. Instead of needles, pattern and thread, you are given a list of 'instructions'/ feelings that went into the making of the stitch, more of a sentiment behind the stitch.
   I'm pleased with the look of it, but most of all I am thrilled with the concept behind the image. if i say so myself I think its a very interesting and original idea, I've never seen anything like this before, and I'm proud of that. For me art is about the feelings that have gone into the work, the history and reason as well as the actual visual aspect, so for me this seemed like an obvious way of connecting the two, and I am very pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment