Friday 14 September 2012

(Betty Boop)

 
I have two old tapes from when I was a little girl full of old Betty Boop cartoons and I often watch them back to back. Betty Boop has always been a character I found amusing, and the video I have selected is my all time favourite Betty cartoon. I love the style of these animations, along with the comical stories and singing, you can tell they are from the 30's and I like that, I also find magic in the way that every Betty Boop film I have seen the animators always bring life to inanimate objects, such as chairs and even the exercise machine in this film. I think that this is a key element for any animator and even artist, because art can be anything , and be in anything, and what could be more magical than making chairs and puppy dogs talk and dance?
 
I must admit, I did put on my Betty films to cheer me up a little, I haven't been very well over the last year resulting in me having to be on high dosages of steroids, which have made my face a little plumper than it was before, however I thought, I know  I'll watch a bit of Betty, because after all she does have the biggest cheeks I've ever seen, ( apart from the girl in the radiator in Eraser Head, who I also happen to think is an amazing character) so I thought, if it's good enough for my favourite cartoon character, it's good enough for me and I don't have to feel so bad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment