Tuesday 24 April 2012

You probabelly think this song is about you!

I recently made a piece of work inspired by this. I like the aesthetics of something that looks beautiful whilst the sentiment is bitter sweet, I find the juxtaposition of things like this very beautiful and heartfelt.
      I have always based my work around the macabre and relationships gone sour. I feel this is a popular theme both in the art world and within society as a whole. Admittedly i removed the piece which was based upon this , not because it was aimed at anyone,( because as much as people may like to believe something revolved around them it didn't) , but because , although i love this work i feel my own work is a little wittier and clever. I like the fact that some of my pieces have left people wondering , 'what was that about?' and making people who have experienced these things feel like for once they are in on the joke.I felt that my other pieces were better, and fit my character much more than resorting to vulgarity (even though i do love this piece in it's own right) This is the only reason i removed this piece.
  •        My work has always been, and shall always remain melancholy, it will always have names in it, as i like to characterise my creations. This doesn't mean it is directly aimed at one person, and to believe it is i feel is a foolish and arrogant thing to do. I aim to reach out to a disenchanted world of the lovelorn and unfortunate victims of the emotions. I find it almost comical in a way that anyone would be so vain to think everything i do is about them. If someone wanted to believe that Rossetti's work was about them , i could completely understand, pictures of beautiful women etc,, its perfectly within reason, but quite honestly to believe that all my 'negative' and 'disturbed' words are aimed solely at one person ,, why would you want to admit to been that person? It's beyond all of my comprehension. So to end this statement i would just like to say , that ;
  • I LOVE ME!
  • I LOVE MY WORK
  • I LOVE THE PROGRESS I HAVE MADE
  • I LOVE THE THOUGHT OF ASPIRING TO MAKE MY WORK EVEN MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN IT IS ALREADY
  • I LOVE LEARNING NEW THINGS
  • I LOVE TRYING TO RELATE TO A WIDE AUDIENCE OF THE DISENCHANTED
  • I LOVE BEING TRUE TO MYSELF
  • I WILL CONTINUE TO USE NAMES WITHIN MY WORK FOR MY CHARACTERS
I WILL NEVER STOP CREATING AND DOING WHAT I LOVE THE MOST, REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY TIMES PEOPLE TRY TO STOP ME AND PUT ME DOWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment