Thursday 12 April 2012

Tilly's Woe






The latest edition to my drawing book. I'm extremely proud of this one, again its very personal to me, but i feel other people could relate to the general meaning behind this piece. Everyone has their own long list, and even if it isn't very long , I'm sure it's just as painful.
I particularly like' Tilly' in this piece i feel that when i look at it , the line quality almost makes it look like an old photograph, so I'm very proud of that, I also love the almost cathartic expression on her face,and the fact she has a knife in her paws. I feel the picture could suggest different meanings due to this little element. Has she used the knife to merely carve names into the tree, or does Tilly's list entail something more sinister?

No comments:

Post a Comment