Wednesday 14 March 2012

Gallery review for second year 'Future' exhibition

When i first entered the gallery space to view the exhibition I immediatly felt overwhelmed and bogged down by the sheer amount of work thrust upon me. I'm not sure that it was the amount however that weighed upon me or the way in which it was 'organised' I felt as though I didn't know where to start or what to look at, which was a huge shame as when i did decipher some of the work there were a fiew hidden gems, unfortunatly a lot of these were hidden beneath the mass of what i saw as unorganised. I in no way want to sound  cruel by saying this as i understand that there was a reason for the way in which the exhibit was put together, I just found it very chaotic and hard to view, I'm sure that even now i have missed a lot of the work due to this. Another thing that I noticed was that,although the exhibit was named 'The Future' it wasn't directly apparent to me how or what it had to do with the future. I felt a lot of (not all) the work was merely filler to the sheer amount that had to be produced, and I felt that this was such a shame as , as i said before there were a lot of hidden gems and I feel in a way the things that were very similar were detracting from the other pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment