Saturday 24 November 2012

The Perils of Pauline (Pearl White)



Pearl White was the first stunt woman (that I know of) she thrived in the silent movie era as her dramatic gestures were shunned from the stage but embraced by the silent film makers.
    Aside from her being a female pioneer of her day, I love the way her films looked, I like the fact that they never had much of a script , and so relied solely on the dramatic gesture and what the theatre called 'over acting'
The way in which the films were approached I feel adds to the charm, the way in which the fast pace of the story fits with the speed of the imagery.

I want to try and make my own films look as charming as this, both technically and aesthetically. I would like people to look at my films and wonder if they are actually from the 1920's.

As much as I love the work I have been producing lately, I still think I could do better as far as the aesthetics are concerned, so this is something I am working on at the moment. I strive to be the best I can at whatever I do

No comments:

Post a Comment