Tuesday 13 August 2013

An army Of me

There is one thing I have learnt in recent years, although I think deep down I already knew it in the first place, and that is that I am not a collaborator. I don't enjoy it, I don't like it and I don't necessarily believe it is helpful or right for many people.
I've collaborated with people I have nothing in common with , to people I love very much and neither experience has been fulfilling or helpful to me.

I know that there is nothing at all wrong with this, in fact I like to be alone within my work, and sometimes within my life, I find it very helpful, I feel privileged and confident that I will succeed and if I do it will be alone , and that's the way I want it to be, because as Janis Joplin once said:

"Never compromise yourself, your the only thing you've got" and she was ultimately right.

I enjoy being a one woman army and not relying on anyone




and if I ever feel lonely for a split second I shall pin my smile straight back onto my silly old face , because whatever happens , my heart is a drummer and I know |I will carry on , no matter what is thrown at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment